Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Battle to Fight

So, while waiting patiently (not!) to hear if the insurance is going to allow a new lapband to be put in, I am taking care of another medical matter.  You would think that, as a health care professional, I would have my fill of medical things, but no, I get to have knee surgery.  Just a minor menisectomy.  I like to use big words, this one means, Dr. Tucker (very good looking doctor :)) is going to take out the torn portion of the meniscus in my left knee.  He won't give me any assurances that it will be better but if all goes well, it should cut my possibility of having to have knee replacement surgery down from 5 to 15 years from now.  I'll take the odds.  I believe that all will go well and God will make all of those icky, yucky bugs that can infect incisions die before they can get into my knee :) and I'll be back at work in a week and a half.  I hope I can get my daughter's wedding veil beaded while being forced to sit around.  I really need to get that done.......

No comments:

Post a Comment