Saturday, May 2, 2015

Completely Discouraged

It has been a long time since I posted anything.  I am very busy with work and travel.  Travel and trying to lose weight do not go together.  My habits are terrible when it comes to eating.  I have gained all of my lost weight back and am very discouraged.  Everyone says I just need to do it but they don't live my life.  I don't want to do the things I have to do and ignore the things I want to do.  It seems that things just don't work anymore.  Maybe getting older and going through menopause has that affect.  I have found no answers to how to get rid of the weight and I am tired of not being able to keep food down and still I gain weight.
I have considered going in and having them just go ahead and drain the band but that would entail facing a decision to give up.  I suppose I have to decide one way or another soon.  I am tired of living with this and need to either give up or make it work.  Not sure which it will be.......thanks for listening if anyone is out there.


1 comment:

  1. "Everyone" who tells anyone what to do is an arm chair quarterback. Of course it's easy to tell someone else what to do! It's also easy to tell yourself what to do... and then not do it, and then beat yourself up because you are angry and frustrated and discouraged and tired and every other negative emotion that comes along with it.

    But you know what? Sometimes you just need to treat yourself like you would your own best friend. With encouraging words, not shaming and anger. What would your best friend tell you? She's say "Honey, you DO have a lot going on right now. Give yourself some credit!"

    It IS insanely difficult to eat healthy when you're traveling, let alone have time for exercise or any kind of good habits, for that matter. So much of your day is out of your control, and when you add in stress and fatigue from working all day, and the physical frustration and stress of dealing with the band limiting even your control over what stays in your stomach, it's all a grandma can do to come home (or back to the hotel) and crash.

    You are doing your best. You are doing your job and doing it well. You are trying to spread love to the people around you, and be the person God wants you to be. That's what's important. Not the weight of your body, which may be the temple, but is only temporary. His grace is sufficient.

    You are beautiful, and you are loved.

    ReplyDelete