Friday, June 4, 2010

And we begin again.....

So the knee is doing great.  I'm going back to work on Monday with a few restrictions. 
We have permission and a surgery date to put the lap band back in.  A different surgeon is doing it this time but he has said that I have gone from low risk to high risk because of the scar tissue from the infection.  I am praying that the scar tissue will not preclude him putting the band back in (it is a possibility).  He didn't downplay the risks but he is willing to go ahead with it.  At least he was willing to talk.  Too many doctors don't talk about all of what you need to know to be informed.  I've learned that sometimes I have to (figuratively speaking) nail their feet to the floor of the exam room to get the questions answered.  I don't feel that is a problem with this doc.  Only a little more than a week and we go back to surgery.  So we start the protein shakes tomorrow and go from there.  Keep praying,ya'll.  I need it. 

1 comment: