Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Skinny(er) than before

So good news and bad news.  The good news first, I'm eating real food. Yeah!!  I'm not eating lots of it but it's real! Not shakes!  Yea!  I'm also skinnier than before.  Total lost since last August is about 36 pounds, since January 30 pounds.
The bad news is the infection is back in the new incision.  It appears that after the steri-strips fell off (like they are supposed to), I hit my stomach on a table ( I remember doing this as it really hurt) and popped two places open in the incision.  Those two places are now infected.  However, after much discussion and some crying on my part, the PA agreed to culture the incision and then he put me on an antibiotic.  He only wanted to do the antibiotic and I wanted to make sure the  antibiotic was the right one.  Anyway,  I am cautiously optimistic that the antibiotic is working.  I won't say definitely gone until after the course of antibiotics is finished  and the new steri-strips come off and everything is healed.  Do I sound pessimistic?  I really am just because I don't want to get my hopes up.  I am asking everyone to pray that this will heal and life can go on.  After all, we have a wedding in 3 1/2 weeks.  I have too much to do for this kind of problem :)  Everyone sleep well tonight and have a wonderful day tomorrow.

1 comment: