Saturday, February 12, 2011

Plateaus

Plateaus are interesting in life.  When I think of a plateau, I think of a desert scene with a flat area where you can stand and see a beautiful scene out in the distance.  A plateau in weight loss can be much the same.  I am at a plateau.  I'm not really losing, I'm not really gaining and I'm trying to get a handle on the right way to eat.  But I can look into the distance and know that eventually I'll make it to that beautiful place in the distance.  I'm going to see the nutritionist this next week to discuss ways to handle things like getting so hungry (because we're busy at work) that I eat too fast and then I end up throwing up, dealing with Paul's allergy to fresh fruits and vegetables which means it's not practical to have salad for dinner and few other issues.  Hopefully she will have some good suggestions.  Just another bump on the road.  Ya'll have a good week and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. That long-range perspective thing...I've been doing Weight Watchers for almost six months and have lost only about 10 pounds. Sigh.

    But I use the "matching donation" philosophy and tell myself that it's actually like losing twenty pounds, adding in the ten that I didn't *gain.* :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, true. But you are looking pretty good these days!

    ReplyDelete