Friday, March 5, 2010

Lesson number 1 in the game of Lapband

An explanation first about what you get to eat for the first week after lapband surgery.  Liquids, liquids and more liquids.  You also must get into your liquids 90 grams of protein powder for the day.  While in the hospital, they gave me some really good soup with the protein powder in it so at home today, I thought to myself, "Self, you can make good soup, add protein powder to your good soup."  So I took a can of cream of mushroom soup, added water and a little milk, some garlic powder, some dry mustard and heated it up.  Then I put it in the blender with the protein powder and blended it.  Looked good and then I tasted it.  I forgot that the protein powder was Vanilla.  Did you know that vanilla and mushroom soup do not taste very good together.  I manage to eat about 1/2 of it before I gave up so I guess I'll add 15 grams of protein powder to a shake this afternoon to get the rest of that meal's protein in.  Just remember, check your ingredients BEFORE you put them together. :)  I think I need to go to the store to get some PLAIN protein powder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment