Saturday, March 13, 2010

Road Trip and the challenges

I took a road trip for my birthday to the Arizona Quilters Guild quilt show with the wonderful ladies from Quilter's Market, a quilt shop here in Tucson.  We went on a bus, played games and had a great time while on the way to Phoenix, about a 2 1/2 hour drive.  I drank a protein shake on the way there and ate some pear sauce (which is allowed now because I'm on "soft and mushies").  Went into the show and looked at quilts and spent money :) and enjoyed myself but soon I found myself a bit hungry.  So I thought to myself, "Self, surely among all of the food venders here, there will be some soft and mushy food to eat."  (We were not allowed to bring outside food or drink into the convention center.)  However, soft and mushy food is more difficult to find that you would think.  They had pasta with red sauce but it came with so much other food and cost $13 that I decided to opt out of that.  I finally had a soft blueberry muffin and ate about 1/4 of it very, very slowly and carefully.  Then I drank some apple juice.  Went back in and looked at more quilts, had a great time and boarded the bus.  We went to a quilt shop in Chandler and did some more shopping.  I didn't go with the bus back to Tucson as Paul picked me up at the quilt shop....well, almost.  He was still 45 minutes away and I was hungry again so I walked to the Burger King.  Did you know that you can smash french fries and make them mushy and chew them very carefully and not eat very many?  Icees work really well also.  Got through that and Paul showed up.  We went to the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and checked into our room, met Bob and Patty Larson and went to eat.
Another challenge.  It was a Mexican buffet.  Hmmm..... what to eat????   They had a soft white fish that I put some green and red sauce on, some macaroni salad that I mushed up and some refried beans.  It worked but it wasn't easy.  The hardest part of eating out is paying full price and not being able to eat it all.  Guess I won't go to anymore all you can eat places.  Just not enough room!
But it's worth it.  I've lost 20 pounds since the 15th of January.  Go, Go, Go........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment